Friday, November 19, 2010

Doing Just a Little Better and Such

So Nov. 10th to 14th here in now Winter peg was the BCAPL Canadian Open Series. I was lucky enough to be able to book the 10th off work so I could play in the 9-ball singles event, I would have played in the 8-ball singles event as well but I think I would of had to quit my job meh at least I was able to play in some of it. If you want to now skip my long rambling story and just see the results click here http://www.aactivecoin.com/ . So the format was double elimination, race to 4. My first match I won 4-0 didn't play at the top of my game but pulled off a win. Game 2 was right after and finished 4-2 in my favor my game also started to get into a nice pace. So after game 2 I waited... and waited... and waited. For game 3 not bad play but the waiting around and not shooting showed in a disappointing 0-4, in game 2 it looking like I was going to get a 2-9 combo but the cue joined them and that about sealed the match. This put me on the B-Side meh what ever just stay focused and plow on hell win the next match and I would have been a game or 2 to the money (well some money). Game 4 after losing the coin toss my opponent ran it to the nine and then rattled it in the pocket. So Got up shot it in, racked and broke dry (this seems to be my big problem as of late dry breaking) so a little back and forth and Another win 2-0. game 3 a few safeties he runs down to the nine and rattles it and now its 3-0, and then it when down hill from there he hit his stride and capped it off with a 9 ball break on the hill to win 3-4. All in all it wasn't a bad run could have done better If my break was working for me but meh what are you going to do but keep practicing and try next time. Well I'm off to work grrr argh and it now officially is winter as noted by the foot of snow that fell.

1 comment:

  1. hey, you don't know me but i saw your post on the azbilliards forums about having a predator sneaky pete. i was just wondering which one you had: wrap/no wrap ss joint/wood joint etc. and how you like it. i currently shoot with a poison ar-5. if you could email me back at daveislikewoah@gmail.com i'd really appreciate it. thanks

    ReplyDelete